Welcome to the GSMST Orchestra Page!
The GSMST orchestra program has four performing orchestras lead by director Dr. David Richardson: Concert Orchestra, Symphonic Orchestra, Philharmonic Orchestra, and Honor Orchestra. One of GSMST's largest organizations, the orchestra program serves approximately 20% of the school and provides a range of musical experiences for students.
Please select one of the options from the drop down menu above to learn about about the GSMST Orchestras.
2020-2021 GSMST Orchestra Audition Requirements
ALL INSTRUMENTS must complete ALL THREE requirements as listed below
1. SCALE & ARPEGGIO REQUIREMENTS
- Violin - A Major and G melodic minor (any bow pattern, any tempo), 3 octaves
- Viola - D Major and C melodic minor (any bow pattern, any tempo), 3 octaves
- Cello - D Major and C melodic minor (any bow pattern, any tempo), 3 octaves
- Bass - F Major and G melodic minor (any bow pattern, any tempo), 2 octaves
2. SIGHT READING (a brief sight reading excerpt will be given following standard GMEA sight-reading procedures)
3. EXCERPTS - perform 2 excerpts for the appropriate ensemble (both must be performed):
Tempos are included or underlined on the page (DB excerpts for Baltic Dance #1 QN=60, #2 DQ=90)